Dr. Gaugau – Minimally Invasive Vascular Interventional Specialist
Dr. Gaugau earned his professional credentials at some of the most prestigious institutions with high honors and distinction. His undergraduate and postgraduate work was accomplished at the following university hospitals.
INTERNSHIP: Internal Medicine, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC.
RESIDENCY: Diagnostic Imaging. Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
FELLOWSHIP: Vascular & Interventional Image guided minimally invasive procedures. Georgetown University Medical Center & The Washington Hospital Center.
Professional Practice & Recently Held appointments at the Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital Center:
- Chairman. Department of Diagnostic Imaging
- Chief Vascular & Interventional Radiology Services
- Member. Medical Executive Committee
- Chairman. Education Committee
- Chief of Hospital Based Physicians
- Member. Nominating Committee.
- Member. Utilization Review Committee
- Member. Radiation Safety Committee
- Member. Cancer Committee & Tumor Board
- Radiation Safety Officer
Why Choose Dr. Gaugau?
Dr. Gaugau is a highly trained board certified physician who specializes in diagnostic imaging, vascular medicine and image guided interventions. He is licensed to practice Medicine & Surgery in Virginia, Maryland, and DC. He has over 20 years of experience in his field, specializing in minimally invasive, image guided surgical procedures. He is held in the highest esteem by his peers, and is regarded as highly skilled at image guided Diagnostic & therapeutic procedures. He has performed thousands of minimally invasive & complex procedures of the entire body without any major complications.