Now that you found out you have fibroids, what do you do?
Most patients who have fibroids do not feel them. But those who have symptoms have at least experienced either heavy periods and /or bleeding between periods, severe pelvic pain, frequent urination, back pain, leg pain, pain during intercourse among others. Sometimes, fibroids grow so big they cause a bulging abdomen and a feeling of being pregnant. Many patients get used to their symptoms until complications arise such as anemia, constant fatigue, and tiredness. All these symptoms will interfere with quality of life. It’s not fun using too many pads or tampons, not being able to nurture an intimate relationship, not being able to enjoy daily activities with friend and family.
If that is you, what do you do then?
Know that you are not alone. You do have options. You can regain your life back. In the past, surgery I the form of hysterectomy or myomectomy was the only option. NOT ANYMORE!!!
Enter Embolization, the only truly minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure for fibroids. No incisions, no cutting, same day treatment. In our practice, it has been 100% successful. All our patients are up and about in less than a week!!!
So, let’s explore a typical journey of a patient with symptomatic fibroids:
You find out you have fibroids after you have had an ultrasound, then
- You go see your primary care physician who refers you to your gynecologist.
- Your gynecologist now knows you have fibroids, so they can only offer you either hysterectomy (removing the uterus), myomectomy (removing one or two fibroids) or other non-permanent solutions such as birth control pills etc.…
- This is all based on the ultrasound findings.
- Now you are faced with major surgery, but you are told that there are other less invasive surgeries like LAAM, Dual Port etc., KNOW that these are just fancy names for the same invasive surgery, in other words, no matter how they call it, they are still going inside your abdomen with all its short and long-term complications! DON’T BE FOOLED!!
- Your gynecologist doctors will never talk to you about embolization, the only non-surgical procedure for fibroids because they know you will choose it over surgical procedures be them hysterectomy, myomectomy, LAAM, Dual Port etc.…
- Any doctor that doesn’t mention embolization to you?? Run run run…
- Any doctor that suggests surgery based on an ultrasound?? Run run run…
- Now you need to take the reign and get engaged with your health.
- You ask questions such as: What are my other options? Have you heard of embolization? Why didn’t talk to me about embolization? I need to explore my options!
- Then you call us for a second opinion!
- YOU’LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!
Remember, the only procedures that would get rid of ALL your fibroids at the same time are hysterectomy and embolization+++.
With a hysterectomy, you lose your uterus ad you experience damaging side effects.
With embolization, you go home the same day and most certainly you keep your uterus+++
How about myomectomy? MYOMECTOMY ALWAYS LEAVES BEHIND LIVING FIBROIDS THAT WILL GROW AND YOU ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE, BACK TO NUMBER ONE ABOVE.
Be in control, choose embolization for the treatment of your fibroids! You deserve better!!